Followers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Neeta and I will be home together and most likely, alone. I'll make some fish and baked sweet potatoes, a favorite of hers. And we'll watch a movie after dinner. That's life in an Indian/Italian world. Then, a friend called and asked if I could do a real Thanksgiving meal for her family. I love to cook Thanksgiving dinners! There are only six people, so I decided on a 7 1/2 pound capon, instead of a turkey. I'm brining it for 7 hours, letting it air dry in the refrigerator and cooking it Thursday morning. I'll stuff it with corn bread, sausage, apples, onions and pine nuts. I'm also making a frutti di mare appetizer, roasted sweet potatoes and winter vegetables, and broccoli rabe with sundried tomatoes. Then, I'll bake them a cinnamon flavored bundt cake for dessert. I'll be posting my preparations Wednesday evening and Thursday night. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment