Followers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

How to Cook and Shop Like an Italian Grandmother

If you already are an Italian grandmother, I totally apologize for telling your business or saying something you disagree with. But, if you really want to know how to cook and shop for delicious, frugal and healthy meals every day, or five days a week, or even once a week, and cook them without a cookbook, invite me over for a festive dinner party. I will serve a wonderful 5 course meal for you and your guests. While I cook in your kitchen, I will explain why I think anyone (man or woman) dedicated to putting what they learn on that evening into practice can become an honorary Italian Grandma. Over the three hours, I will share with you techniques I learned from my own mother and grandmother . I will give you "no- cookbook" recipes to use and improvise with, lists of essential kitchen tools and Italian pantry items including where to find them and which brands to buy, and I will teach you to braise lamb shanks, make a great "greens and beans"pasta, create a tasty antipasti for your family, mix a great tasting salad and make a healthy dessert. I serve a bottle of wine with every event, answer any and all questions, and occasionally break into song. You are responsible for dinnerware. I provide my own tools and serving pieces if necessary. My dinner parties are fun and informative.

From four to eight persons
$55 per person

No comments:

Post a Comment